Certified Health Insurance Navigators
LOOKING FOR AFFORDABLE HEALTH INSURANCE OPTIONS?
WE DO NOT SELL HEALTH INSURANCE OR WORK FOR HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES. WE WORK FOR YOU.
Welcome to the Big Bend Area Health Education Center’s Navigator/Health Insurance Marketplace. Big Bend AHEC’s Navigators provide unbiased education, outreach, and enrollment services to individuals seeking to enroll in health care coverage in the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace.
If you missed the January 15 deadline for Marketplace coverage for 2023, you may still have options. You might qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, or you can apply for health coverage through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- You may be able to enroll in 2023 Marketplace coverage during a Special Enrollment Period if you have limited income, or if you had certain life events, like:
- Losing qualifying health coverage
- Getting married
- Having a baby or adopting a child
- Review the list of life events that may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period
- Answer a few questions about your situation to learn if you may qualify
- Medicaid and CHIP are free or low-cost health programs that cover things like hospital stays, doctor services, and prescription drugs for children and some adults, including people with low income, pregnant people, and people with disabilities.
- You can apply for Medicaid and CHIP any time.
- Find out if you may qualify.
What do Navigators do?
We assist consumers with confidential telephone and virtual online enrollment services and provide public education and outreach activities at locations throughout the state and throughout our 14-county service area. Big Bend AHEC Navigators are trained and able to provide free and unbiased help to consumers as they search for health coverage options through the Marketplace, including completing eligibility and enrollment forms.
Register now to schedule an appointment by entering your information in the “Get Covered Connector” box below or by calling one of our Navigators at 850-224-1177. To learn more about Covering Florida, visit http://www.coveringflorida.org.
To enroll online in Florida’s Kidcare program, visit https://www.healthykids.org/.